The aim of the TASK curriculum is to offer a variety of inquiry-led teaching and learning focussed around history, geography and awareness of our world. Our aim is for your children to identify areas of their own interest, within a given topic, and lead research towards an end showcase of their learning.
Within TASK lessons, your children will be taught the following skills and be encouraged to carry them out with increasing independence:
- The ability to create their own deep thinking questions as a stimulus to their project work.
- To be able to accurately use a variety of sources to obtain relevant and specific information from.
- To be an active and collaborative learner, developing their own and others’ ideas during group work.
- To acquire and retain knowledge with real understanding.
- To use creativity and imagination when planning final showcase projects.