Contact Us link

Navigation

Navigation

Over 80 Years at Burwood House

Since 1937, Burwood House in Convent Lane has been home to Notre Dame School. When it opened the school had seven pupils, all boarders, under the tutelage of a handful of Sisters who belonged to the Company of Mary Our Lady. The house and grounds have survived many changes in that time, including the strife of war and a destructive fire in 1970, but the school has remained a place of learning in its widest sense, with the ever-present guidance and calming influence of the Sisters.

ND 80th Newsletter 8PG-1
ND 80th Newsletter 8PG-2
ND 80th Newsletter 8PG-3
ND 80th Newsletter 8PG-4
Mrs King and Mrs Morgan

Head Mistresses of Senior and Prep Schools:

Mrs Anna King and Mrs Amélie Morgan